Friday, May 15, 2015

My First Try With Something New...........

I recently joined a new FB group,  Bister, Brusho, and Colorburst Enthusiasts,  and fell in love with the affects of using these products in the posted art.

 I immediately ordered a set of Color Burst powders to try this out. I found them  here. I already had a few Bister colors, but couldn't find any pleasure with these, as the colors and textures are more organic in my opinion. My thought was to try to combine them. Haven't gotten around to that, but I am sure I will. OK.....here is my first attempt at using colorburst.

 Most of what I have read says that you use watercolor paper, wet with water to activate and let it do it's thing. Today, I did not want to use w/c paper, I wanted glossy cardstock. My mind immediately says...hmmm, you know you can't use water on glossy, but I did it anyway, had to see what would happen. So I sprayed with a mist of water, put down the colorburst in 3 colors and then sprayed with rubbing alcohol, 70%. Wha-la! Love what happened, and I retained the gloss.

I love when things like this happen!


I am entering it in Lisa's Blogger Challenge, Wheels.

Have a super weekend everyone, hugz...........


 

8 comments:

Terry said...

What a beauty of a first time experiment! Love those bursting colors! Very cool, GF!

Karen Hasheck said...

Found your blog because of the BBCB Facebook page. Loving what I am seeing and will be back:) I am now your newest follower and would be honored if you visited my blog and also became a follower. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

Kay Wallace said...

Sounds like--and, more importantly, looks like--and successful chemistry experiment, Gerrie! Bright vivid colors are perfect for the excitement of travel! Very well done!

Corrie Herriman said...

WOw, great effect Gerrie !
I can't get into Bister or Brushos ... :(
Too unpredictable for me !
Corrie x

Jackie said...

It looks great!
Pleased you had fun with them

Gio said...

Lovely card! And the experiment went pretty well. You inspired me to try with some new stuff I have , you never know...:-)

Unknown said...

How fun is this, Gerrie!! Your experiment on glossy stock looks super cool!! I would have thought the Color Bursts would have rolled right off with the water, but look at the wicking!! Soooo cool!! I just got some of the Color Bursts, too :) Those little bottles are going to last forever :) :) I'm going to have to check out that FB group :) :) XOXO-Shari

Cocofolies said...

Oh that's great!!! :D A fun and very good idea dear Gerrie, your glossy background is gorgeous and has well taken the colours... Your card is perfect! And I think I have been invited to join this group by someone.. I will accept of course, but I'm just a bit behind FB at the moment, need more time!!!! :D Coco xxx