Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February Artistic Outpost Design Team Hop - All About Books

Our Artistic Outpost  Design Team Hop this month is Books. I read a lot when I was young, as I look back it was always fiction...wonder why that was? I had the entire collection of the Bobbsey Twins, among others, but that by far was my favorite. To this day I still read mysteries. I do remember reading one book in particular that really drew me in, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. My brother  is almost 4 years younger than I, so I shared with him the times and the travels. We would sit for hours dreaming about floating away on a raft somewhere....having our own adventures and fun. Making this card today took me back to those times.




Huck was stamped on a piece from the stash drawer, and I bleached out his skin.  This was attached to a book page.  The background has been stamped with several word stamps from the same set.  If you are not familiar with our Storybook stamps, this would be the time to check them out.  They are a fabulous array of childhood memories.

Be sure to visit the rest of the AODT to see what book they choose to share with you today.
Terry * Shari * Tracy * Gerrie * Kate * Lisa



 

9 comments:

Wendy Bellino said...

I like the vintage look you created. Huck Finn was one of my favorites. Thanks for the link to the other storybook stamps!

Cocofolies said...

This is absolutely gorgeous... This set of stamps is really beautiful indeed. Do you know why? I have four plates from AO, but almost never inked, I know it's a shame. Thzt's really just the time which miss too much, but I would love playing along the AO challenges too! Great little story about you and your borther Gerrie, thanks for sharing. Hugs, Coco xx

Unknown said...

Fantastic card, Gerrie! OK--great minds think alike, right? We both chose Huck Finn as our inspiration (need a raft trip do we?) and we both used blues/greens/yellows in our creations!! Genius, I'd say!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

Kay Wallace said...

I absolutely L-O-V-E this card, Gerrie. (And, I loved those Bobbsey Twins, too!) Great colors here to honor the times. You should enter this is the "Feeling Sketchy Challenge Blog," as it looks very much like the sketch currently being used! ;-)

Lisa Somerville said...

Fabulous masculine card using the Huck Finn set! Love the colors of the background, your framed panel looks cool with the burnt edge feeling!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely piece Gerrie, hope you are feeling better. Love the colours on this piece. Hugs x x

Michele said...

your card is beautiful. the colors are dreamy. thanks for the trip down memory lane! this is a great hop! xo

Terry said...

GF, Huck never looked more fabulous! The yellow background and torn text sheet look wonderful and really shows off the gorgeous coloring for our boy Huck! Love that little pop of red outlining the die! Gorgeousness!

Kate Yetter said...

Gorgeous card!! Your coloring and image background are soon pretty! What a fabulous card someone is going to get in the mail.
Kate